Shane English Schools (part of the Saxoncourt Group) is one of the biggest British owned TEFL companies in Asia and in Taiwan. Located close to the mountains, on the outskirts of Taoyuan City in northern Taiwan, this branch is one of Shane’s longest running schools in Taiwan. As such the school is well-established and able to provide unrivalled onsite support to teachers through their years of experience. The school manager has created a safe and encouraging atmosphere with trusting, friendly, and family-like staff and the campus has recently been upgraded to provide a contemporary, modern learning environment for its teachers and students.
- NT$580-NT$630 starting hourly rate (with further incremental pay increases every 6 months).
- NT$20,000 end of contract bonus.
- 20 teaching hours per week guaranteed.
- Monday-Friday schedule, weekends off.
- Structured curriculum and courses.
- National health insurance provided.
- Work permit/ARC sponsorship.
- Western academic management, orientation training and welfare support.
- Career development opportunities in Taiwan and internationally.
- Passport from UK, IRE, USA, CAN, N.Z, AUS.
- Bachelor’s degree (or associate’s degree and 120-hour TEFL).
- A recognised teaching/TEFL qualification (or willingness to obtain a qualification)
- Teachers should be open-minded, enthusiastic, positive, hard-working, patient and professional.
- Must also be looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners!
More About Taoyuan
Taoyuan is the next major city along from Taipei. Due to this short distance, many Taiwanese live in Taoyuan and commute to Taipei, although there is certainly enough to see and do in Taoyuan to never need to set foot in Taipei! You can expect the same convenience and quality of life as Taipei but at a fraction of the cost (especially when it comes to rent, where your money goes much further here). Home to Taiwan’s main international airport, Taoyuan is ideally placed for exploring the rest of Asia, with daily regional and international flights making weekend getaways to places like Bangkok, Hong Kong and Tokyo a distinct possibility (and guaranteed to make your friends and family at home jealous!).