Teach English in Taichung (Taiwan)
This English teaching job will have you teaching for one of the biggest British-owned TEFL companies in Asia and in Taiwan.
- The students are 3-12 years old.
- 8-16 students per class.
The school provides all the books, CDs, educational toys and other teaching resources needed to teach the curriculum. You are welcome to bring any music, games, and other teaching materials to adjust classes to suit your style. Each classroom has a projector and internet access, so it’s easy to demonstrate something to your students.
Salary and Benefits
- 600-640 TWD (21.55-23 USD) starting hourly rate.
- National health insurance.
- 14 days holiday.
- 20 teaching hours per week guaranteed.
- Career development opportunities in Taiwan.
- Structured curriculum and courses.
- Western academic management, orientation training and welfare support.
- 15,000 TWD (530 USD) end of contract bonus.
Job Requirements to Teach English in Taichung
- You’re a native English speaker.
- An associate or bachelor degree.
- A TEFL certificate or better. No TEFL yet? Get discount on a course.
- A clear criminal background.
- You are looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners!
About the School
This particular branch in Taichung, central Taiwan, was founded in 2011 by its school manager, Benson. With an enthusiasm for education and the love for his daughters, Benson decided to open a school in the Beitun District to build a high-quality language learning environment so he could teach English in his community. “We Serve Because We Care” is the founding spirit of this language school; Honesty, Respect and Bravery are the core values that they like to bring out in all the students who study there.
More About Taichung
Located in central Taiwan, Taichung is blessed with a pleasant climate, which is often compared to California because of the frequency of dry, sunny days. Taichung is a great choice for teachers who want to experience a lot of culture.
As Taiwan’s 3rd largest city by population, the city is home to about 2.6 million people. The city boasts many parks, excellent restaurants, night markets, traditional markets, malls, and public sports facilities. Taichung is a city where you can live cheaply without compromising convenience or being out in the sticks; you can experience a dynamic, growing city that retains its sense of tradition, culture and history.
Cultural offerings include an amazing science museum, the architecture of the National Taichung Theater and of City Hall, and Rainbow Village. Trips outside of the city can bring you hiking in the nearby Dakeng hills. You can easily reach the beach and mountains in an hour.
Teach English in Taichung and you will discover that Taichung is a great place to teach and an even better place to live. If you want to teach English in Taiwan but you need advice on which city to choose, send us a message.