Shane English Schools (part of the Saxoncourt Group) is one of the biggest British owned TEFL companies in Asia and in Taiwan. This position is for teaching jobs in Taipei, Taiwan’s bustling capital city. Positions are available at both franchise schools and head-office run schools.
- NT$580-NT$630 starting hourly rate (with further incremental pay increases every 6 months).
- NT$20,000 end of contract bonus.
- 20 teaching hours per week guaranteed.
- Monday-Friday schedule, weekends off.
- Structured curriculum and courses.
- National health insurance provided.
- Work permit/ARC sponsorship.
- Western academic management, orientation training and welfare support.
- Career development opportunities in Taiwan and internationally.
- Passport from UK, IRE, USA, CAN, N.Z, AUS.
- Bachelor’s degree (or associate’s degree and 120 hour TEFL).
- A recognised teaching/TEFL qualification (or willingness to obtain a qualification)
- Teachers should be open-minded, enthusiastic, positive, hard-working, patient and professional.
- Must also be looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners!
More About Taipei
Taipei, the capital of Taiwan, is located in the north of the island. Taipei is truly a 24-hour city with all the shops, bars, restaurants and urban convenience you’d expect of a capital city, but without the high prices or congestion of other major global cities.
Whilst being a modern city, Taipei still retains a rich cultural heritage with old temples and night markets nestled amongst newer surroundings. Nature is also on your doorstep with the teahouses of Maokong, the foothills of Yangmingshan National Park and the riverside parks of the Danshui, Xindian and Keelung rivers all reachable via Taipei’s MRT and public transport network.
In just one day you could scale Taipei 101, at one point the world’s tallest building, eat ‘xiao long bao’ soup dumplings at the world famous Taiwanese restaurant Din Tai Fung, hike nearby Elephant Mountain, shop for cheap clothes at Shilin Night Market, soak in the natural hot springs of Beitou, and sip a cocktail at a rooftop bar in Xinyi District. It’s for all these reasons that one sees Taipei consistently ranked as one of the most liveable cities in the world.