Shane English Schools (part of the Saxoncourt Group) is one of the biggest British owned TEFL companies in Asia and in Taiwan. This particular branch in Taichung, central Taiwan, was founded in 2011 by its school manager, Benson. With an enthusiasm for education and the love to his daughters, Benson decided to open a Shane school in the Beitun District of Taichung to build a high-quality language learning environment to teach English to students in his community. ‘We Serve Because We Care’ is the founding spirit of this language school; Honesty, Respect and Bravery are the core values that they like to bring out in all the students who study there.
- NT$580-NT$630 starting hourly rate (with further incremental pay increases every 6 months).
- NT$20,000 end of contract bonus.
- 20 teaching hours per week guaranteed.
- Monday-Friday schedule, weekends off.
- Structured curriculum and courses.
- National health insurance provided.
- Work permit/ARC sponsorship.
- Western academic management, orientation training and welfare support.
- Career development opportunities in Taiwan and internationally.
- Passport from UK, IRE, USA, CAN, N.Z, AUS.
- Bachelor’s degree (or associate’s degree and 120 hour TEFL).
- A recognised teaching/TEFL qualification (or willingness to obtain a qualification)
- Teachers should be open-minded, enthusiastic, positive, hard-working, patient and professional.
- Must also be looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners!
More About Taichung
Located in central Taiwan, Taichung is blessed with a pleasant climate which is often compared to California because of the frequency of dry, sunny days. Taichung is Taiwan’s 2nd largest city but you can easily reach the beach or the mountains in an hour. The city boasts many excellent restaurants, night markets, malls, parks and public sports facilities. Taichung is a city where you can live cheaply without compromising convenience or being out in the sticks; you can experience a dynamic, growing city that still retains its sense of tradition, culture and history. It’s a great place to teach and an even better place to live.