Established in 1989, Saxoncourt Recruitment is part of the Saxoncourt Group of educational services companies. The Recruitment arm of the group is responsible for connecting qualified educators with great schools and their eager students.
Are you real?
We certainly hope so, but let’s save the philosophical debates for later. But if you’re concerned about Saxoncourt being a scam or just another pop-up company, we can assure you that we’re neither. We’ve been placing teachers in schools and providing them with support across the globe for over 25 years now. The owner of Saxoncourt also happens to be the Shane Lipscombe, the creator of the Shane English School company, which now has over 300 schools worldwide.
How much do I pay?
Absolutely nothing. There is no fee for applicants or teachers who make use of our services. Our revenue comes from schools who pay for quality teachers who have passed through our screening process.
Do I need a degree?
Yes, you need to have a bachelor’s degree or higher. This is a visa requirement by the government in all the countries where we place teachers. Without a degree, we will not be able to legally place you in a school, and we’re not in the business of shady dealings.
Do I need a TEFL certificate?
You need to have a 120-hour TEFL certificate or one of the many variants. TEFL, TESOL, CELTA and DELTA are all acceptable, but the most important part is the 120 hours. For countries such as China, this is part of the visa requirements. If you do not yet have a TEFL certificate, make sure you get one that has 120 hours stated on the certificate.
What other requirements are there?
The only other requirement (after a degree and a TEFL certificate) is that you come from one of the seven recognized English-speaking countries. These countries are the USA, the UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
We realize (we really do!) that often people from other countries are completely fluent in English, and good teachers can come from anywhere. But it is not our decision to make as once again it is one of the visa requirements as stated by governments.
How far in advance should I apply?
It’s never too early to get in touch with one of our recruiters. They will help you streamline the process and make it as smooth and easy as possible. But once you have all the correct documents ready to go, it can still take up to 3 months to get your visa. Due to this, we advise you to get in touch at least 4 or 5 months in advance.
What is the process?
- First, you’ll need to complete our online application form which you can see here (link)
- One of our recruitment staff will get in touch with you and ask you to email through the following documents to make sure that you’ll be eligible for a visa.
- Your resume / CV
- Your degree
- Your TEFL Certificate
- Your passport photo page
- We’ll then send you a pre-interview task to complete and send back to us. This is not a test or anything you need to stress about. It’s just to help us understand your motivation for teaching abroad, gauge your understanding of the job, and give us something to talk about in the interview (see next step).
- We’ll then invite you for a Skype interview at a time that is convenient for you. In the interview, we’ll simply expand a little on the questions from the pre-interview task, but mostly just get to know you as a person rather than just a name on a screen. This is also your chance to discuss where you’d like to work and ask any questions you may have to somebody who knows the ESL industry inside out.
- Finally, we talk to all the schools who are in need of teachers and get back to you with contracts to consider. If you’re happy with a contract, you’re ready to start your new adventure!
- We’ll keep in touch. If at any point you feel the school is not treating you well or not abiding by the contract, we’ll be there to help. Also, feel free to contact us at any time during your contract with any questions or advice you need. We’ll also check in from time to time to see how you’re doing.
Which schools do you recruit for?
We have a very close relationship with the many Shane English Schools worldwide, as the head of Saxoncourt (Shane Lipscombe) was the original founder of the company. However, we are also closely tied and actively recruit for a number of other schools in various regions.
Where is Saxoncourt Recruitment located?
Our head office is located in Taipei, Taiwan. However, we actively recruit teachers and academic professionals in the following countries: