School: Shane English School
Location: Yangzhou, China
Start date: June 2019
Shane English Schools (part of the Saxoncourt Group) is one of the biggest British owned TEFL companies in Asia. It has been going for over 40 years and currently has schools in over 13 different countries. We are continually growing and developing and every year looking to open new schools to broaden our horizons.
Not only has Shane Yangzhou over the course of the last 10 years been the quickest growing Shane English School in China but now has become the largest school with over 3,000 students and 35 foreign teachers.
Shane Yangzhou currently has 3 campuses throughout Yangzhou and has partnered with Shane Shaoxing to give teachers more flexibility and opportunity for growth.
Salary and Benefits
- 16,000 RMB per month.
- 5 working days per week with 2 consecutive days off.
- Flight reimbursement up to 5,000 RMB.
- 22 days paid holiday and 5 additional unpaid personal days.
- End of contract bonus 3000RMB.
- Health insurance provided.
- Arrival hotel costs covered.
- Pickup from Nanjing or Shanghai international airport and welcome packet provided.
- Reimburse home country visa costs up to 4000RMB.
- Pay all visa costs in China.
- 2-week comprehensive training paid 1,000RMB per week.
- Optional 10,000RMB interest-free loan on arrival for expenses.
- Teaching Assistant with every class who will assist with marking homework, communicating with parents and classroom behaviour.
- Western Academic Manager who will train and support you both at work and with anything needed outside of work.
- All courses have complete course guides and syllabus guides. This takes pressure off you (the teacher) and frees you to concentrate on how to develop your teaching, rather than worrying about what to teach.
- Foreign Welfare Officer who aids teachers in renting an apartment, getting SIM card from China mobile, setting up checking account with a linked debit card, and any other logistic issues that foreign teachers may have upon arrival and stay in China.
- Free weekly Mandarin lessons for any interested teacher.
- Lots of opportunities for career development (Teacher Management, Teacher Training, Marketing and Sales, Publishing, Teacher Recruitment) with Shane English Schools both nationally and internationally with schools all over Asia. As well as opportunities at the multiple head offices in varying departments.
- 5 working days with 2 contiguous days off per week.
- 108 working hours per month.
- passport from UK, IRE, USA, CAN, S.A., N.Z, AUS (due to local visa requirements).
- a recognised EFL qualification, minimum 120 hours (TEFL/TESOL/CELTA).
- bachelor’s degree or higher.
- teaching experience not required.
- candidate must be open-minded, enthusiastic, positive, hard-working, patient and professional.
- must also be looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners!
Meet the Operations Manager: D’Artanyn Alonge
D’Artanyn (called Dart at work) has been working at Shane Yangzhou for just under a year. Since he arrived, he has been recruiting new teachers with the academic management at Shane Yangzhou and developed a Human Resources and Welfare department. With the help of our Foreign Welfare Advisers, he provides new arrivals with the best possible experience while working at the Yangzhou.
Meet the Head Office Academic Manager: Joshua Stanley
Josh is the most experienced staff member at Shane Yangzhou, with over 5 years experience under his belt. In addition to being a gifted and experienced teacher, his high level of Chinese lets him share ideas between the foreign and Chinese staff members. Josh is well known throughout Yangzhou and is a great example of what teachers can amount to when they put their mind to something. He reviews teachers lesson plans, updates the course structure, and handles all academic related problems and matters that need fine-tuning.
More about Shane English Schools
We focus on support and development of our teachers and this is done in various ways. On arrival, teachers go through a training session which covers all areas needed to teach the wide array of classes they will have. There is ongoing teacher development in the form of class observations, workshops and team teaching and a supportive and nurturing environment provided to ensure that teachers are able to grow to their full potential.
We feel that it is important that teachers who teach with us in Asia have a well-rounded experience. We encourage our teachers to explore the local culture and neighbouring countries during their time with us.
Our Head Offices are populated with Shane teachers who have grown and developed with the company and then moved up into varying roles such as teacher management, teacher training, teacher recruitment, marketing, sales and other roles.
For a more personal look at Shane English School Yangzhou, check out this post from travel bloggers Goats on the Road: 10 Reasons to Teach for Shane English School in Yangzhou, China
More about Shane English School Yangzhou
Shane Yangzhou focuses a lot on the support and development of their teachers.
On arrival, teachers go through a training session which covers all areas needed to teach the wide array of classes they will have. There is also ongoing teacher development in the form of class observations, workshops, team teaching, and a supportive and nurturing environment that ensures teachers grow to their full potential.
The school thinks it is important that teachers who live and teach in Asia have a well-rounded experience and actively encourage teachers to explore the local culture and neighboring countries during their time at Shane Yangzhou.
The Head Offices are populated with Shane teachers who have grown and developed with the company and have moved up into higher roles. Shane English School Yangzhou is a prime example of this, with many teachers moving into roles in foreign recruitment, academics, human resources, and the welfare department.