Location: Shane English School
Based in: Shenyang, China
Shane English Schools (part of the Saxoncourt Group) is one of the biggest British owned TEFL companies in Asia. It has been going for over 40 years and currently has schools in over 13 different countries. We are continually growing and developing and every year looking to open new schools to broaden our horizons. Shenyang school recently joined our big family of Shane English Schools. The school is located in the heart of Shenyang city. It is an exciting new school positioned on the 3rd floor of a shopping centre. The local staff are very excited to meet the foreign teachers and the school will provide a family friendly atmosphere to work in.
- 16,000 RMB per month.
- 5 working days per week with 2 consecutive days off.
- One return airline ticket reimbursement up to 5000RMB.
- 22 days paid holiday and 5 additional unpaid personal days.
- End of contract bonus 3,000RMB.
- Health insurance provided.
- Arrival hotel costs covered.
- Visa costs within China covered.
- Teaching Assistant with every class who will assist with marking homework, communicating with parents and classroom behaviour.
- Western Academic Manager who will train and support you both at work and with anything needed outside of work.
- All courses have complete course guides and syllabus guides. This takes pressure off you (the teacher) and frees you to concentrate on how to develop your teaching, other than worrying about what to teach.
- Comprehensive training paid at 1000RMB per week.
- Close welfare support. The school will meet you at the airport and assist with finding accommodation, setting up a bank account, getting a local sim card and general orientation.
- Lots of opportunities for career development (Teacher Management, Teacher Training, Marketing and Sales, Publishing, Teacher Recruitment) with Shane English Schools both nationally and internationally with schools all over Asia. As well as opportunities at the multiple head offices in varying departments. See also the Academic Manager position an Shane English School Shenyang.
- Free Mandarin lessons at an accredited language centre.
- Passport from UK, IRE, USA, CAN, S.A., N.Z, AUS (due to local visa requirements).
- A recognised EFL qualification, minimum 120 hours (TEFL/TESOL/CELTA).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Teaching experience not required.
- Candidate must be open-minded, enthusiastic, positive, hard-working, patient and professional.
- Must also be looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners!
More about Headmaster Olivia Wang
SES Shenyang is headed up by Olivia Wang (王佳 or Wang Jia in Chinese), a driven woman who has built an impressive career around English and education.
Olivia has spent the last 14 years making a name for herself in the EFL industry, both as a teacher and a business owner. Holding a Master’s degree in English and International Trade, her work has been honoured by being asked to be a special guest professor at Liaoning University and once received a personal invite from the South Korean government.
She has years of classroom experience, and the two very successful branches of Lingo Education School that she owns in and around Shenyang are a testament to her abilities in business development.
Olivia has now set her sights on developing SES Shenyang into a thriving school for young learners, and we have no doubt in her ability to succeed.
Ready when you are.
The position is open immediately, with the school looking for somebody to start at their soonest convenience. If you’re passionate about EFL and looking for a bump up in your career, this is your chance. Apply below, or if you have any questions don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Saxoncourt Recruitment team.
More about Shane English Schools
We focus on support and development of our teachers and this is done in various ways. On arrival, teachers go through a training session which covers all areas needed to teach the wide array of classes they will have. There is ongoing teacher development in the form of class observations, workshops and team teaching and a supportive and nurturing environment provided to ensure that teachers are able to grow to their full potential. We feel that it is important that teachers who teach with us in Asia have a well-rounded experience. We encourage our teachers to explore the local culture and neighbouring countries during their time with us. Our Head Offices are populated with Shane teachers who have grown and developed with the company and then moved up into varying roles such as teacher management, teacher training, teacher recruitment, marketing, sales and other roles.
More About Shenyang
Shenyang is an interesting city with vibrant culture and touristic attractions. It has a good balance of the east and the west. There are western-style supermarkets and restaurants available if you would like to maintain a western lifestyle. Alternatively, you can also visit the Korean town and the Muslim Food Street for a bit of an adventure! There are many things to do and many places to explore in Shenyang. Some of the famous touristic attractions includes Beijing park, Dongling Park, Commander Zhang’s Mansion etc. There is also the Qipanshan International Scenic Area which is the largest scenic area in Shenyang. It is a tourist resort with natural landscapes and forests as its main body, which combines forest eco-tourism, ice and snow tourism, scenery tourism, holiday tourism, and historical and historic sites.