Shane English Schools (part of the Saxoncourt Group) is one of the biggest British owned TEFL companies in Asia. It has been going for over 40 years and currently has schools in over 13 different countries. We are continually growing and developing and every year looking to open new schools to broaden our horizons.
The first Shane English School in Kunming was started in 2005. We have established an international educational system for Chinese students of different ages, typically between 3-18. There is currently a team of 13 foreign teachers, with over 850 students in total. The average size of each class is approximately 12 students with each class having a foreign teacher assisted by a local teacher.
- 11,000 RMB per month.
- 5 working days per week with 2 consecutive days off.
- Flight reimbursement up to 5000 RMB.
- End of contract bonus 3000 RMB.
- 22 days paid holiday.
- End of contract bonus.
- Health insurance provided.
- Arrival hotel costs covered.
- Visa costs within China covered.
- Teaching Assistant with every class who will assist with marking homework, communicating with parents and classroom behaviour.
- Western Academic Manager who will train and support you both at work and with anything needed outside of work.
- All courses have complete course guides and syllabus guides. This takes pressure off you (the teacher) and frees you to concentrate on how to develop your teaching, other than worrying about what to teach.
- Close welfare support. The school will meet you at the airport and assist with finding accommodation, setting up a bank account, getting a local sim card and general orientation.
- Lots of opportunities for career development (Teacher Management, Teacher Training, Marketing and Sales, Publishing, Teacher Recruitment) with Shane English Schools both nationally and internationally with schools all over Asia. As well as opportunities at the multiple head offices in varying departments.
- Passport from UK, IRE, USA, CAN, S.A., N.Z, AUS (due to local visa requirements).
- A recognised EFL qualification, minimum 120 hours (TEFL/TESOL/CELTA).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Teaching experience not required.
- Candidate must be open-minded, enthusiastic, positive, hard-working, patient and professional.
- Must also be looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners!
More about Shane English Schools
We focus on support and development of our teachers and this is done in various ways. On arrival, teachers go through a training session which covers all areas needed to teach the wide array of classes they will have. There is ongoing teacher development in the form of class observations, workshops and team teaching and a supportive and nurturing environment provided to ensure that teachers are able to grow to their full potential.
We feel that it is important that teachers who teach with us in Asia have a well-rounded experience. We encourage our teachers to explore the local culture and neighbouring countries during their time with us.
Our Head Offices are populated with Shane teachers who have grown and developed with the company and then moved up into varying roles such as teacher management, teacher training, teacher recruitment, marketing, sales and other roles.
More About Kunming
Kunming is the capital city of Yunnan province and is the province’s main commercial and transportation hub.
The climate in Kunming is pleasantly moderate throughout the year. That is why it is called ‘the spring city’, it averages around 15 °C.
It has a population of over 3 million people which includes 26 ethnic groups such as Yi, Bai, Miao, Dai and many more.
Kunming has rich cultural and historical significance. It was the gateway to the well-known South Silk Road that facilitated trade with Tibet, Myanmar and India.
Today, Kunming is a great balance between the traditional and modern and manages to retain its heritage whilst having all the modern conveniences.