School Name: Shane English School
Location: Dalian, China
Start Date: July 2019
Shane English Schools (part of the Saxoncourt Group) is one of the biggest British owned TEFL companies in Asia. It has been going for over 40 years and currently has schools in over 13 different countries. We are continually growing and developing and every year looking to open new schools to broaden our horizons.
Shane English Dalian was founded in 2004. After 13 years of operation, Shane English School Dalian has 860 active students, it is among the biggest Shane English Schools in China.
- 13,700 RMB per month.
- 5 working days per week with 2 consecutive days off.
- Flight reimbursement up to 4200 RMB.
- 22 days paid holiday.
- End of contract bonus.
- Health insurance provided.
- Arrival hotel costs covered.
- Visa costs within China covered.
- Teaching Assistant with every class who will assist with marking homework, communicating with parents and classroom behaviour.
- Western Academic Manager who will train and support you both at work and with anything needed outside of work.
- All courses have complete course guides and syllabus guides. This takes pressure off you (the teacher) and frees you to concentrate on how to develop your teaching, rather than worrying about what to teach.
- Close welfare support. The school will meet you at the airport and assist with finding accommodation, setting up a bank account, getting a local sim card and general orientation.
- Lots of opportunities for career development (Teacher Management, Teacher Training, Marketing and Sales, Publishing, Teacher Recruitment) with Shane English Schools both nationally and internationally with schools all over Asia. As well as opportunities at the multiple head offices in varying departments.
- Passport from UK, IRE, USA, CAN, S.A., N.Z, AUS (due to local visa requirements).
- A recognised EFL qualification, minimum 120 hours (TEFL/TESOL/CELTA).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Teaching experience not required.
- Candidate must be open-minded, enthusiastic, positive, hard-working, patient and professional.
- Must also be looking for a challenge and enjoy working with young learners!
More about Shane English Schools
We focus on support and development of our teachers and this is done in various ways. On arrival, teachers go through a training session which covers all areas needed to teach the wide array of classes they will have. There is ongoing teacher development in the form of class observations, workshops and team teaching and a supportive and nurturing environment provided to ensure that teachers are able to grow to their full potential.
We feel that it is important that teachers who teach with us in Asia have a well-rounded experience. We encourage our teachers to explore the local culture and neighbouring countries during their time with us.
Our Head Offices are populated with Shane teachers who have grown and developed with the company and then moved up into varying roles such as teacher management, teacher training, teacher recruitment, marketing, sales and other roles.
More About Dalian
Dalian has approximately 3.3 million people and is located on the southern tip of the Liaodong Peninsula of northeast China.
Dalian is a very important strategic port and in the past has been occupied by the Japanese, Russians and British. Influences of this can still be seen today. In recent years Dalian has earned a reputation for football and fashion. It has the most successful team in China (dubbed ‘oriental brazil’).
Both Chinese and foreign celebrities get together every year to celebrate with fashion shows and performances. Dalian has a relaxed atmosphere by the sea with clean air as well as plenty of shopping opportunities, restaurants and bars.
There are many different things to do and see in Dalian, ranging from wildlife parks to beaches to mountains. Dalian forest zoo is a huge zoo spreading over 180 hectares with animals ranging from birds to lions to pandas (of course!) to monkeys.