The CELTA is one of the most widely recognised qualifications worldwide to start a career in English Language Teaching. Suitable candidates may be offered jobs by Saxoncourt Teacher Recruitment at the end of the course.
Saxoncourt 4-week CELTA course in London is extremely intensive and practical, providing candidates with a thorough grounding in ELT teaching techniques through a combination of instruction, observation and teaching practice.
- You will need to pass an entrance test and a spoken interview which will enable us to assess your written and spoken proficiency, in English.
- No previous teaching experience is required.
- Minimum age 20 (18 exceptionally).
- In accordance with Cambridge ESOL criteria, candidates should be qualified to a level equivalent to entry into Higher Education, though allowances may be made at the discretion of the school.
The course itself involves 120 contact hours and includes a minimum of 6 hours, observed, teaching practice with English language students. The input sessions concentrate mainly on language analysis and classroom methodology.
Input sessions include the following:
- The principles of student-centred learning.
- Developing students’ language skills.
- Analysis of language.
- Clarifying and checking students’ understanding of language.
- Lesson planning.
- Classroom management.
- Professional development.
- Opportunities to observe experienced teachers in class.
- Four written assignments covering the practice of English language teaching.
- Daily contact hours will normally span some 7 to 8 hours (from 09:30 to 17:00 hours) with teaching preparation and written work in addition.
After the CELTA:
All Saxoncourt CELTA graduates have access to a free weekly recruitment surgery which includes free advice for gaining a teaching position overseas and a free CV check.
CELTA London Full-Time Dates 2017
- 9 January – 3 February
- 6 February – 3 March
- 6 March – 31 March
- 3 April – 28 April* (will include Saturday 8th April)
- 2 May – 26 May
- 5 June – 30 June
- 3 July – 28 July
- 31 July – 25 August
- 29 August – 22 September
- 25 September – 20 October
- 23 October – 17 November
- 20 November – 15 December
Contact Saxoncourt Teacher Training